Alive Recovery can help someone who has an eating disorder by locating the right treatment program intended for the individual needs of a client. The facilities Alive Recovery has partnered with specializing in this disorder determine what’s punctuating the stress, fear and internal struggle.
It’s estimated that nearly 10 million people battle an eating disorder. While women commonly suffer from it, men may also be ill-affected by it.
Mental health care professionals assess clients by pinpointing why the psychological malady exists. In example, they will determine why controlling the intake of food is a way of managing stress or fear. In doing so, a personalized treatment program can successfully be tailored.
Eating disorders are classified by the following types:
- Anorexia Nervosa: a person minimally eats, if anything at all, and weighs less than 15 percent or more of their healthy body weight
- Bulimia Nervosa: a person who binges then purges the food they’ve consumed
- Binge Eating/Compulsive Overeating: a person who binges a large amount of food at once, does not purge and is typically overweight–this particular eating disorder is generally linked with depression
Contributing Conditions of Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is not just about having self-esteem challenges. Alive Recovery recognizes it as a psychological disorder which needs attention for prevention.
Common conditions which may be coupled with an eating disorder may include the following:
- Abuse (physical, emotional and/or sexual)
- Harsh and critical family environment
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
And more …
Types of Treatment
Individualized care for someone with an eating disorder will determine if neurofeedback, biofeedback, or both will offer optimal results.
Through behavior management, individuals will begin to recognize and implement the difference between “intuitive eating” and “mechanical eating.”
Also part of the program protocol may be cognitive behavioral therapy and dialectical behavioral therapy.
Above all, clients will be taught coping skills when they feel challenged during any portion of their recovery.
Other facets of the eating disorder program will be:
- Healthy eating habits
- Meditation and yoga
- Stress and anxiety management
- Suitable exercise
Clients will learn how to be in control of their lives once again.
Begin a new life with Alive Recovery…